A continuación se muestra una lista de algunas de las actividades (conferencias, seminarios, workshops, etc.) que han tenido lugar en nuestro centro en los últimos siete años.
Julio – Septiembre 2018
- September 25, IAS-Research Talk by Gabriel Piedrafita: Tissue-level cell-fate coordination underpins epithelial clone competition dynamics: theoretical modeling to open a conceptual discussion
Abril – Junio 2018
- June 26, IAS-Research Seminar by Miguel Aguilera: Integrated information and autonomy in the thermodynamic limit
- June 6-8, International workshop: Forgotten Female Bodies
- June, 5, International workshop: AGENCY, COGNITION, AND THE ENVIRONMENT: NEW TRENDS IN ECOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY
- May 22, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018. Seminar 6 (Run by Antonio Casado): Health and autonomy in medical and bioethical contexts
- May 15, Talk by Nathalie Gontier: Roots of reticulate evolutionary theories in natural philosophy
- May 14, Talk by Nathalie Gontier: Explanation in evolutionary linguistic sciences: a review of epistemological frameworks
- May 8, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018. Seminar 5 (Run by Hanne De Jaegher): Intersubjectivity, social understanding, social normativity
- May, 3-4, IV BORDEAUX-SAN SEBASTIAN WORKSHOP ON PHILOSOPHY OF BIOLOGY, MEDICINE, AND COGNITIVE SCIENCE
- April 24, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018. Seminar 4 (Run by Ezequiel di Paolo): Embodied and enactive approaches to agency and cognition
- April 10, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018. Seminar 3 (Run by Jon Umerez): Emergence, hierarchies, constraints
Enero – Marzo 2018
- March 20, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018. Seminar 2 (Run by Arantza Etxeberria): Concepts of the organism, individuality, and identity
- March 9, Graduate Workshop on Philosophy of Science / Seminario de Investigación en Filosofía de la Ciencia
- March 6, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018. Seminar 1 (Run by Kepa Ruiz-Mirazu): The organizational approach to minimal living systems
- March 6, Fundamentals of IAS-Research Seminars 2018: Information about topics, schedule, and readings
- March 1, IAS-Research Talk by Johannes Jaeger: Structuralist perspectives on the evolution of developmental processes
- February 9, IAS-Research Talk by Gustavo Caponi: El impacto de la Filosofía Anatómica de Étienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire en el desarrollo de la Historia Natural
- February 8, “Seminario Abierto de Filosofía” by Sandra Caponi: Vigilar y medicar: el DSM-5 y los trastornos mentales de la infancia
- January 23, IAS-Research Seminar by Xabier Barandiaran: Artificial Democratic Life: re-engineering the autonomy of the social
- January 17, IAS-Research Talk by Cristina Moreno Lozano: In between antibiotic reasons and rations. Introductory ideas to the study of antibiotics and antimicrobial resistance from social science
Octubre – Diciembre 2017
- December 5, IAS-Research Talk by Mihaela Pavlicev: Can knowledge help overcome the biases in societal perception of female biology?
- November 14, IAS-Research Seminar by Guglielmo Militello: Harnessing energy production: functional integration in symbiotic relationships
- November 7, IAS-Research Talk by Marc Canciani: Revising the Superorganism: An Organizational Approach to the Superorganism Concept
- November 7, IAS-Research Talk by Javier Suárez: Stability of Traits as the Kind of Stability That Matters in a Holobiont
- October 25, IAS-Research Talk by Marc Bedau: The meta-question about life
- October 24, IAS-Research Talk by Marc Bedau: A defense of cultural Darwinism
Abril- Junio 2017
- May 16, IAS-Research Talk by Mª José Ferreira: Disentangling causation and information: informational parity at issue
- May 8, 11 & 12, Seminar on The history and theory of vitalism, from Descartes to Canguilhem, by Charles Wolfe
- May 9, IAS-Research Talks by Charles Wolfe (The organism as hybrid, the organism without idealism) and Fred Keijzer (Why we may want a science of cognition that is not a science of mind)
- April 25, IAS-Research Talk by Davide Vecchi: Biological individuality and the challenge posed by the ubiquity of multi-species partnerships
- April 24, Talk by Davide Vecchi: Challenging the consensus: intrinsicalism and the minimal genome
- April 4, IAS-Research Seminar by Ramiro Frick: Comunicación biológica: hacia una perspectiva organizacional
Enero – Marzo 2017
- February 14, IAS-Research Seminar by Laura Nuño de la Rosa: Evolvability as a dispositional property
- February 2, IAS-Research Seminar by Argyris Arnellos: From organization of processes to organisms and other biological individuals
Octubre – Diciembre 2016
- November 8, IAS-Research Talk by Francesca Michelini: Keywords in Philosophy of Nature and Autonomy in Biology. On Hegel and Plessner’s Theories of Living Beings
- October 20-21, First Bordeaux-San Sebastián Workshop on Philosophy of Biology
- October 11, IAS-Research Talk by Wim Hordijk: Autocatalytic Sets: The Origin and Organization of Life
Abril – Junio 2016
- June 21, IAS-Research Talk by Leonardo Bich: Why defining life is not pointless
- June 21, IAS-Research Talk by Sune Holm: Causation as control: the case of synthetic biology
- June 13, IAS-Research Seminar by Michael Beaton: Sensorimotor Direct Realism: How We Enact Our World
- June 13, IAS-Research Seminar by Laura Menatti and Antonio Casado da Rocha: Landscape and Health: Connecting Psychology, Aesthetics, and Philosophy through the Concept of Affordance
- June 7, IAS-Research Talk by Argyris Arnellos: The body complexity thesis: multicellular hurdles for animal cognition
- June 7, IAS-Research Talk by Sébastien Lerique: The Epidemiology of Representations paradigm for the enquiry of cognition-with-culture: how online experiments surface problematic assumptions
Enero – Marzo 2016
- February 26, IAS-Research Seminar by Xabier Barandiaran: Collective identities in interaction networks: exploring the technopolitical autonomy of the 15M through neurodynamic analogies
- February 26, IAS-Research Seminar by Ezequiel Di Paolo: Participatory Object Perception
- February 10, International Workshop SYSTEMS AND EVOLUTIONARY PERSPECTIVES ON THE ORIGINS OF LIFE
Octubre – Diciembre 2015
- December 14, IAS-Research Seminar by Nei de Freitas Nunes-Neto: Regulation in organisms and its ecological consequences
- November 30, talk by Roslyn M. Frank: A cognitive approach to the schema of “dialogic subjectivity” (elkarrekikotasuna) in Euskera: Three examples
- November 9, talk by Francisco Vergara Silva: Evolución biocultural y filosofía de la ciencia
Julio – Septiembre 2015
- September 28, talk by Aníbal Monasterio Astobiza: The Morality of Head Transplant
- September 14, talk by Mª José Ferreira Ruiz: Information, inheritance systems and developmental resources
Abril – Junio 2015
- June 8, talk by James Difrisco: Individuality and the limits of biological functionalism
- June 4, International Workshop on Levels of organization, causality & top-down relations
- June 3, talk by William Bechtel: Minimal Cognition
- June 2, discussion with William Bechtel on Mechanistic explanation and beyond
- June 1, talk by William Bechtel: Mechanistic explanation and beyond
- May 11, IAS-Seminar by Nei de Freitas Nunes-Neto: Functionality and regulation in ecological and social-ecological systems
- May 8, talk by Sara Diani: Complex systems and clinical medicine: do they have fitting points?
- April 27, talk by Marcella Faria: Cell-Matrix Adhesion Complexes and their Dinamic Assembly: the Poetics of Cell Attachment
- April 24, workshop with Alfred Tauber: On Identity and Autonomy
- April 13, talk by René Zaragüeta: Why, Willi, why? Phylogenetics and the dichotomy of trees
Enero – Marzo 2015
- March 4, talk by Thomas Reydon: Metaphysics Naturalized? The Case of Classification in the Sciences.
- March 2, talk by Olatz González: Visualising Basque Fratriarchy: Enactions and Recognition in the Sport of Pelota.
- January 26, talk by Mikael Karlsson: Could Rabbits Dance?
Octubre – Diciembre 2014
- December 15, talk by Carissa Véliz: In defence of habits.
- December 1, IAS-Seminar by Leonardo Bich: Biological Regulation: an organisational account.
- November 24, IAS-Seminar by Xabier E. Barandiaran: Enactivism without autonomy?
- November 17, IAS-Seminar by Sara Murillo: Towards integrative compartmentalized chemical systems: a lipid-peptide rendez-vous.
- November 10, talk by Oier Etxeberria: Aita Laburu: Imágenes y palabras sobre magia y locura en el País Vasco (1933-1935).
- November 3, IAS-Seminar by Alvaro Moreno: The Limits of Science as Biological Limits of Human Beings.
- October 6, talk by Nicole Rossmanith: Karl Bühler meets Enactive Cognitive Science – Towards a Science of Social Co-regulation and Making Sense.
Julio – Septiembre 2014
- July 1-2, IAS-IHPST Workshop: Boundaries and Levels of Biological Organization.
Abril – Junio 2014
- June 3, talk by Laura Galbusera: Body-Oriented Psychotherapy for Persons with Schizophrenia: an Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis of Participants’ Experience.
- May 30, talk by Juli Peretó: Evolutionary Innovations by Symbiogenesis – From Ancient to Modern (Geological) Times.
- May 13, IAS-Seminar by Alba Amilburu: Grouping Practices from a “Naturalistic” Point of View: A Meta-Theoretical Comment.
- May 1-3, Interdisciplinary Workshop: Interacting Complexity: Cognition and Communication in Conflict Transformation.
- April 16, talk by Jürgen Streek: The Praxeology and Phenomenology of Gesture: A Case Study.
- April 1, IAS Key Topics discussion: Invidual vs. social and group levels of explanation.
Enero – Marzo 2014
- March 25, talk by John McGraw: Ritual and Enaction.
- March 18, talk by Yanna Popova: Narrativity and Enaction: the Social Nature of Narrative Understanding.
- February 25, talk by David Romero: Art as a Mirror of Corporality. Poetics of estrangement – integration.
Octubre – Diciembre 2013
- November 25, IAS-Seminar by Mike Beaton: Learning and Understanding.
- October 22, talk by Michael Marder: Toward a phenomenology of plant life. (Available online at: http://ehutb.ehu.es/es/video/index/uuid/526e2a42e814b.html).
Julio – Septiembre 2013
- September 18-25, Call for a one-year contract for a Post-doctoral position within the IAS Research group in Donostia/San Sebastián.
Abril – Junio 2013
- June 28, talk by Massimo Di Giulio: The coevolution theory of the origin of the genetic code and an its extension.
- June 25, IAS-Seminar by Ion Arrieta: The Autonomies of Bioethics.
- June 18, IAS-Seminar by Matthew Egbert and Xabier E. Barandiaran: Habits as sensorimotor life-forms: modelling self-maintaining behaviour with an iterant deformable sensorimotor medium.
- June 11, talk by Massimo Di Giulio: On the rigin of the tRNA molecule.
- May 23, IAS-Seminar by Mike Beaton: Towards a Scientifically Tractable, Direct Realist, Sensorimotor Account of Experience.
Enero – Marzo 2013
- February 7-23, Call for a 4 year FPI (PhD) fellowship in IAS-Research Centre on Life, Mind, and Society.
- February 4, talk by Pablo Razeto-Barry: Autopoiesis 40 years later.
- January 15, talk by Randall Beer: The Cognitive Domain of a Glider in the Game of Life.
Octubre – Diciembre 2012
- December 11, IAS-Seminar by Ximena González: Musical imagery from an embodied and enactive approach.
- November 20, IAS-Seminar by Elena Cuffari: Linguistic Movement in Social Coordination: How an Enactivist Might Talk about Talking.
- October 27-28, Workshop on Autonomy and Individual Organisms in Biology: A Collaborative Perspective.
- October 9, IAS-Seminar by Kepa Ruiz-Mirazo and Sara Murillo: On the transition from prebiotic vesicles to protocellular membranes.
Julio – Septiembre 2012
- September 6-8, XXIIth edition of the SIUCC (Seminario Interuniversitario de Ciencia Cognitiva).
- September 4, talk by Hiru lizuka: Emergence of Turn-taking Behaviour on Agency Detection Simulation and Behavioural Turing Test Experiment.
Abril – Junio 2012
- June 22, talk by Richard Prum: Sexual Selection and Aesthetic Evolution.
- June 12, talk by Federica Russo: Mechanisms in the Sciences: A Field Guide.
- May 14-18, Summer School: TESIS: Toward an Embodied Science of InterSubjectivity.
Enero – Marzo 2012
- March 11-16, Full week course on Bioethics and Film: Looking at Bioethics through the Lens of Both American and Spanish Films.
Octubre – Diciembre 2011
- December 3, IAS-Seminar by Mike Beaton: The Location of Subjective Information.
- November 10, talk by Isaac Salazar-Ciudad: Genotype-phenotype map models and evolution.
- November 4, talk by Fred Gifford: The Ethics of Randomized Clinical Trials: The Debate about “So-called Clinical Equipoise” and some underlying issues in philosophy of science.
- October 20, talk by James Griesemer: Life cycle models and origins-of-life scenarios: A reproducer perspective.