|Address||EHU/UPV, Department of Philosophy, Avenida de Tolosa 70, 20080 Donostia – San Sebastián|
I am a graduate in biology who was soon interested in philosphical issues regarding biological theory and practice. I continued my education in the philosophy of science and decided to do my PhD in the philosophy of biology under the supervision of Arantza Etxeberria.
I am mainly interested in questions about the evolution of biological forms and the ontogenetic development of organisms. My research project aims at understanding the notions of individuality that are at play during the evolution of different modes of reproducion in animals.
- Philosophy of Biology
- Philosophy of Science
- Theoretical Biology
- Philosophy of Evo-Devo
- Reproductive Biology
- Metaphysics of Biology
- Philosophy of Medicine
- 2018 – 2019: Master in Philosophy, Science and Values, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU)
- 2014 – 2018: Degree in Biology, University of Salamanca (USAL)
- Collaboration scholarship (2018 – 2019) in the Department of Logic and Philosophy of Science, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU).
- Student internship (2017) in the Department of Theoretical Biology at the Cavanilles Institute for Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology, University of Valencia (UV).
- Lopez-Orellana R & Cortés-García D (2019) On Understanding and Modeling in Evo-Devo. In: Nepomuceno-Fernández Á, Magnani L, Salguero-Lamillar F J, Barés-Gómez C & Fontaine M (eds.) Model-Based Reasoning in Science and Technology. Studies in Applied Philosophy, Epistemology and Rational Ethics. Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Lopez-Orellana R, Redmond J, and Cortés-García D (2019) An inferential and dynamic approach to modeling and understanding in biology. Humanities Journal of Valparaíso, 0(14), 315-34.